What needs to be configured and how is it done?The aim of the configuration is to connect your plant sensor with the Internet (through your Wi-Fi access point / router) so that it can talk to the Koubachi servers. This is done in the following steps:
- Setup the communication between your computer or mobile device and the plant sensor.
- Provide the plant sensor the name and password of your Wi-Fi network. The sensor then connects to your Wi-Fi network and starts talking to our servers. If something goes wrong, the sensor returns an error code.
To configure your plant sensor simply navigate to http://go.koubachi.com in a web browser. You then will be redirected to the configuration method that works best for your device:
How to start the configuration
- iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch): Koubachi iPhone App
- OS X (iMac, Mac mini, MacBook, Mac Pro): Koubachi Web App
- Windows: Koubachi Config Tool that needs to be downloaded and run locally.
- Linux: Koubachi Web App
- Android: configuration not supported due to limitations in the Android OS. Use a different platform to configure your sensor.
When the sensor cannot be put into config mode (status light does not turn and stay orange), read the following article.
Problem: fail to switch sensor to config mode
The first step in the configuration process is to setup the communication between the device you run the configuration and the plant sensor. If you encounter a connection error, the following article can help you out.
Problem: communication error
Problem: the plant sensor returned an error codeThe configuration process might fail returning a sensor error code. Find specific information on common error codes in the following articles: